Saturday 24 October 2015

Confessions of a blogger



I was being a little mischievous in my last blog post and not quite totally transparent…

First of all thank-you to the well-meaning puzzlers who dropped me a note to tell me that the two-pronged industrial plug was actually a highly sought-after puzzle from Roger – I was aware of that, although I thought I’d have a little fun in my blog post… so I deliberately didn’t mention its pedigree too explicitly.

I did however leave a few little crumbs lying around hinting toward the fact that I knew… so for instance, there’s a “Roger” tag on the post even though he’s not really mentioned anywhere in the post…

There the first few paragraphs have a few letters italicised in them – and if you can be bothered to write them all down you’ll find the following message: “Yes I know it is a copy of Roger’s Stecker. I am not that naïve.” – You’ll need to supply your own punctuation…

And then finally in the white space at the end of the blog post there’s some white-on-white text that says “Hook, line and sinker?” – which I hoped would be an apt description for one or two folks…

So once again, thanks to those of you that tried to save me from doing something silly with a highly collectible puzzle – I appreciate that! :-) …and thanks to the folks who played along and let me know they enjoyed the meta… and props to Marc for being the first to read the message and let me know he had.

[…and yes, someone really did give it to me – that part was entirely true…]

Normal service (whatever that is!) will resume shortly….

No comments:

Post a Comment